December is Human Rights month at ICS!
See Principal Kristen’s letter to families for more details about next week’s activities and programming.
You can also check out some of these resources if you want to talk more about supporting human rights at home:
- Dignity & Respect Campaign
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights (simplified version)
- Oxfam International Beliefs
Sweet Treat Friday! Purchase a treat for $1 after dismissal on Friday to support this year’s Take Flight travelers. We’ll have two tables set up: one in the play yard and one on Naudain Street. End your week with something sweet! THANK YOU!
Lunch Menu Clarification: We recently switched to a new view of our online lunch menu, provided through the Lintons website. This view allows families to view basic nutritional and allergen information, which is a very cool feature! But there is an error on that new menu. Tomorrow’s lunch will be chicken nuggets. And next week’s Friday lunch will be cheese pizza.
Kindergarten families, please be sure that you submit your January lunch orders to Neyza as soon as possible. Due to winter break this month, she needs to finalize all orders early. Please note that there is a change: Cheeseburger will be served on January 3 and Turkey Ham/Cheese Melt will be served on January 4.
Report Card Conferences: Save the date – December 21
Report card conferences are coming up on Wednesday, December 21. There is no school for students that day. You will receive your assigned conference time via a letter in the mail or your child’s homework folder, so please keep an eye out over the next few days. Our teachers are looking forward to talking with you about your child’s progress, hard work, and many achievements this trimester! Watch for more information going home next week to help you feel as prepared for the day as possible.
- University City Arts League has been added to ICS’s aftercare pickup program list. If three or more ICS students are signed up on a given day, they can offer pickup from ICS.
- Our Closet offers pop-up shops featuring clothing and accessories for men, women, and children throughout Philadelphia. See the attached flyer below for a list of remaining pop-ups this season, and check their website for future dates and for how to get involved!
- Hour of Code is a signature initiative of Computer Science Education Week. It provides a one-hour, introductory coding tutorial for students of all ages. (Testimonial: My 2nd grade child tried the Moana-themed tutorial earlier in the week and loved it!)