Reminders for this week:
- If you want to pre-order a yearbook, you must place your order by Friday (either via the paper flyer or at the school store). All tribute purchases are also due this Friday. Complete order details here!
- The online auction closes tomorrow at noon. Place your online bids now or never! Share the link widely with your friends & network–anyone can participate.
- Register for the Silent Auction! It is happening this Saturday–this is it!
Reminders for the next few weeks:
- Tuesday, May 16, 5:30pm: Managing Challenging Behaviors at Home
- Wednesday, May 24, 5:30pm: Keeping Your Children Safe on the Internet
ICS “Evening with Specialists” Nights
- Grades 2 & 3: May 18
- Grades 4 & 5: May 25
Half-Day Dismissals (12:00 noon)
- Friday, May 26
- Friday, June 9
Ice cream sandwiches (or ice cream) will be available for students 2nd grade and up to purchase in the cafeteria for 75 cents as an a la carte item every Wednesday through the end of the school year.
Take the District-Wide Parent Survey!
THANK YOU to the parents of 137 students who have taken the Parent Survey so far! That’s 17% of our population and great progress. Help us reach our goal of over 40% before the end of the school year by taking it now! (It is brief.)
Your children’s ID#s were emailed and texted to you two weeks ago. If you cannot find those emails and texts, I’m very happy–eager, really!–to send them to you again if you reply to this email.
If you prefer to take the survey on paper, we have paper copies in the front office in English and in Spanish. Just ask Neyza for one!
Good Shepherd Mediation Program is currently seeking youth ages 12-17 who are interested in helping friends and family settle their disputes peacefully. The Youth Mediator Training prepares teens to facilitate the mediation process. It offers participants the opportunity to enhance their communication, conflict resolution, problem solving, writing, and decision making skills. Youth who complete the training will be invited to co-mediate with trained adult mediators, mediating youth related disputes referred from various schools and agencies in the community. Youth mediators will receive a small stipend for volunteering their time. Students can register online at http://www.phillymediators.org/training-consulting/youth-mediator-training.