Welcome to the ICS email newsletter. This year, instead of Weekly News, I’m calling it ICS News because it will only be sent out every other week.
- National Hispanic Heritage Month: September 15 – October 15. Watch for more information next week about this and other heritage months in ICS classrooms.
- September PTA Meeting: Wednesday, September 27 – Pizza dinner at 5:30, Meeting at 6pm
- School Picture Days: October 5 & 6
- No School for Students: Monday, October 9 (Teacher professional development)
All parents should have also received activation emails for their parent Alma accounts. If you can’t find your email or have trouble setting up your account, you can reply to this message or call me (x2500).
Make sure you’re getting our MailChimp & Alma messages! If you are reading this message, you’re all good with MailChimp. By now you should have also received messages from the Alma system from your child’s teachers and school administrators. If you’re not seeing the Alma messages, check your junk/spam folders or promotional folders to make sure they are not being sent there.
If your child rides a school bus, we have set up text messaging alerts for when there are known bus delays in the afternoon. Bus families should have received instructions by email for how to sign up. If you did not receive that email or could not sign up using the link, email Tr. Lisa to be added!
Food Services Updates & Reminders
Lintons has an app for that!
No more struggling to get the menu to display correctly on your mobile device. Search for “Web Menu” at the app store.
Never send your child with glass food or drink containers of any kind.
All reusable containers should be plastic or metal.
Hot breakfast is served in the cafeteria through 8:15.
After 8:15, a cold bag breakfast is available. If your child wants to eat school breakfast in the morning (and does not ride a school bus), they should arrive by 8:00am so that they can finish breakfast before going to class.
Join the PTA!
If your family has not yet joined the PTA for the 2017-2018 school year, now is a great time to do it. By joining the PTA you are supporting fine arts education for ICS students and all the wonderful community events our PTA offers throughout the school year.
ICS after-school Playground Hours
Tuesdays & Fridays (when 50° and up & not raining): 3:40-4:30
Brought to you by the PTA
- Please Note: Parents/caregivers must supervise their children at all times and children are expected to follow all ICS playground rules. Students will only be allowed into the building to use the bathroom when supervised by adult.
- Katrina Flener (mom to 2nd graders Nell & Cassie) will oversee open playground hours and will help ensure that all respect playground rules. You can contact her directly with any questions or concerns.
Modell’s Team Weeks
Use this coupon anytime between now and October 5 to get 15% off your purchase and earn 5% for ICS’s Odyssey of the Mind teams! Anyone can use the coupon so feel free to share with friends & family.
Donor’s Choose…Tr. Monica’s 4th graders!
Community members can support Tr. Monica’s classroom right now on Donors Choose. She has two projects posted right now
- Non-Fiction to Know the World (all gifts are doubled right now!)
- Let’s Get Organized with Alternative Seating
We love providing info on great community opportunities throughout the city—but I can no longer compile them after this week’s news edition. If you enjoy these resources and would be interested in organizing this info 2x/month to send out to the community, let me know! This is a great opportunity to contribute parent volunteer time from the comfort of home.
Dance for Health
Improving health outcomes one dance step at a time! – BRING THE KIDS!
- Every Thursday, starting again September 21, 2017
- 5:30pm-6:30pm at Sayre Rec Center
- 5835 Spruce St., Philadelphia, PA 19139
- For more information, please contact: Terri H Lipman, PhD, CRNP, FAAN, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Tel: (215) 898-2259
Affordable beginning/intermediate violin classes are being offered to all interested 7 to 17 year-old students in the area. The one-hour classes take place Wednesdays at 4:00 pm at Tenth Presbyterian Church, 1701 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA. The cost is $160 for 16 weeks. For more information and registration, contact Judy Harvey or visit www.tenth.org/violin.