We continue to be so appreciative of all the families who have taken the survey. We’re over 40%! If everyone reading this right now who hasn’t taken it yet takes it today, we’ll reach our goal!
- Take the District Parent Survey – Reply to this email RIGHT NOW and I’ll send you your students’ ID#s if you need them. Please take the survey for every child in your household. (Two children at ICS? Take the survey 2 times! Three children? Take it 3 times!)
Here are links to other recent announcements you might have missed!
- Dismissal forms were due on May 23 for ALL current K-5th grade students.
- The CEO position has been posted. Please share widely!
- Read Pr. Kristen’s update about the Equity & Excellence Committee’s work towards a one-program model for future ICS students.
Scenes from the middle school signature trips: Pine Barrens, Heifer Village, Island Beach, and Camp Onas!
6th-7th Grade Field Day (rescheduled from Monday): Thursday, June 7
Last Day of School – Half Day NOON Dismissal: Friday, June 8
11:40 – School buses start dismissing
11:45 – Kindergarten to sidewalk and aftercares to cafeteria
11:55 – 1st-5th walkers and drivers to sidewalk
12:05 – Remaining 6th graders and 7th/8th grades dismissed
12:10 – Dismissal ends
FREE Dress Down Day: Friday, June 8
Board Meeting: Wednesday, June 13, 6-8pm
First day of 2018-2019 school year for 1st-8th grade students:
Monday, August 27
You can always find more events on our Google calendar.
Getting Ready for 2018-2019
Find answers to many commonly asked end-of-year questions below!
Not returning to ICS?
If your child currently in grade K-7 is not returning to ICS next year, and you have not told me in writing yet, please let me know as soon as possible by replying to this email. This applies to you if your child is transferring to a new school for any reason or if your family is moving out of Philadelphia County.
Will you be moving to a new address within Philadelphia over the summer? Remember that in order to put a new address in our system, you mustsubmit a change of address form and proof of your new Philadelphia address to me. Failure to submit this information will result in problems with your child’s bus route, and you won’t receive important ICS announcements that are mailed home during the summer. Always contact email@example.com or x2500 for assistance or with questions!
Students entering K, 3rd, & 7th grades: By the first day of school, you must submit an updated dental health examination form from a checkup that happened on or after September 1, 2017 (i.e. less than 1 year old). You can use this form, or use a report your dentist provides.
Students entering K & 6th grades: By the first day of school, you must submit an updated physical examination form (not just immunization record–must include physical checkup too!) from a physical that happened on or after September 1, 2017 (i.e. less than 1 year old). You can use this form, or use a report your doctor provides.
Students entering 5th grade: Starting in 5th grade, students may only wear RED polo shirts, and they MUST have the ICS logo on them. You can order logo shirts from Lands’ End, or you can bring your own red polo shirts to Triple Play Sports at 9th & Christian and they will add the logo. (They get extremely busy just before the school year starts, so this is a good project for early summer.)
Note: Cramers no longer supplies ICS logos.
I hope to put out our collection of gently used uniforms during the last week of July for families to come “shop”. Keep an eye out for summer announcements if interested. If you are cleaning out uniform clothes and they are still in good condition (no rips/stains), please send them to us to add to the collection! We always need logo shirts in large sizes, especially!
Note: Red polo dresses and red sweaters are not part of the ICS dress code. Do not purchase these items!
- Final report cards will be sent home by email next week and will be available to view in Alma after they have been emailed. Reply to this email if you need help accessing your parent Alma account!
- Supply lists for next year will be posted to the website by the end of June.
- A summer mailing will go home at the end of July with complete back-to-school information and paper copies of your child’s final report card. All back-to-school information will also be posted to the website at the same time.
- Teacher assignments will be emailed to families and available to view in Alma as soon as they are finalized (typically about 2 weeks before the start of school).
- The 2018-2019 calendar-at-a-glance is available here.
We love these photos of student artwork kindly taken by ICS parent & photographer Jamie Giambrone!
Are you a member of our ICS community google group? Families can use this group to share info and resources with each other. Request to join here.
Free Library Summer of Wonder – Sign up for the Library’s summer reading program! Also, find out what kind of science programming and other activities will be hosted at your local branch.
Join a book club! Tr. Hope is hosting a summer book group for students who just completed 3rd & 4th grades. Registration is first-come, first-served. Find complete information here.
MVP360 offers a variety of affordable summer sports opportunities for kids.
Did you know that ICS keeps a list of Immigrant Resources?
Farewell, Class of 2018!
Today our youngest students clapped out our 8th graders who graduate tomorrow. Class of 2018, we wish you GREAT THINGS in high school and beyond!