Hello ICS families!
December is full of wonderful ways to celebrate our amazing school community. Please join in as many as you can! We’d love to see some new faces and make new connections.
Spread Cheer to Staff – now through Thursday, 12/13
- Help the PTA make the annual staff holiday party extra merry with gift cards or fun gift items to raffle off to staff during the festivities.
- Please drop off all donations to the front office to Tr. Susan’s attention.
Report Card Conference Day Events – Friday, 12/14
- Childcare – Children aged 3-11 years. $5 per child for up to 2 hours. Children must be toilet-trained, and parents must remain in the building. If you can volunteer for an hour or more (before or after your own conference), we’ll waive the fee for watching your kids. Middle school students can volunteer to help. Pre-registration is required. Please use this link to register and/or to sign-up as a volunteer: https://tinyurl.com/ICSPTA-childwatch
- Teachers Are Souper – Our teachers work so hard, let’s bring them lunch! Sign up to bring food and/or help set up, serve or clean up: https://tinyurl.com/SouperTeachersDec2018
- PTA December Flyer – Be sure to grab one at conference day to find out what the PTA has been up to and our plans for the new year.
Teacher Appreciation this Holiday Season
Are you ever caught in a cycle of indecision when it comes to showing teacher appreciation at the holidays? Do you feel you’d like to get your child’s teacher(s) a little something, but WHAT?!
If so, perhaps you would like to be a grade level representative for grade level teacher appreciation gifts. The representative would tally monetary donations from families, divide the funds equally among teachers in that grade and present the teachers with gift cards before winter break.
3rd grade parent Lisa Weidman will send you easy-to-follow instructions, and the office staff can put all contributions together as they come in, so your work should be minimal! We have representatives for 3rd, 4th, and 5th already, and are currently seeking representatives in K-2 and 6-8. If you are interested in being the grade level rep for your child’s grade, contact Tr. Jenny and she will connect you with Lisa.
December Movie Night – Wednesday, 12/19
- For our Winter Meeting the PTA will be hosting a movie night starting at 5:30pm. The PTA will provide pizza. If you’d like to bring a favorite side or dessert to share, please do so!
- We are taking votes for a good 80’s-themed family-friendly movie to show, so cast your votes now by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will also raffle off 1 Silent Auction Ticket and some PTA swag!
- RSVP for the meeting via email: email@example.com
Join the PTA!
- Joining the PTA is a great way to help bolster our school community. A strong membership can do great things. While we are always in need of volunteers, your membership in and of itself shows your support!
- All members of the PTA receive the following benefits: speaking and voting privileges at PTA meetings, a chance to win the member raffle at every PTA meeting, membership in the email list for PTA members, access to minutes after every PTA meeting + all of the benefits from the national and state level PTA organizations.
- Sign up online here: https://independencecharter.org/pta/
As always, please reach out to share ideas, ask questions, or just say hi – firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICS PTA President