Happy New Year!
I hope 2019 is off to a great start for you and your families. Thank you to all who helped out at our December events. The teachers and staff loved all the delicious and nutritious food! We’ve got many fun and fundraising things coming up. Please join us!
Here’s the high-level scoop and month-by-month breakdowns:
- Kick-off Silent Auction Planning Meeting – Wednesday, 1/23 at 5:30pm. RSVP for pizza. The Silent Auction will be Saturday, 4/6 with an 80’s theme and DJ Robert Drake.
- Online Camp Auction – 2/11-18
- Building addition meetings need our in-person support – Tuesday, 1/22 at 7pm and Wednesday, 2/6 at 2pm
- High School Information night – Tuesday, 2/5 from 6-7pm
- Guatemalan Dinner – Saturday, 3/9, 7pm
- Spring Meeting – Wednesday, 3/20, 5:30pm pizza, 6pm meeting
- Report Card Conference Day – Friday, 3/23 – Teachers are Souper and Childcare
- Mexican Dinner – Friday, 5/3
- Silent Auction Kick-Off! Join us Wednesday 1/23 at 5:30 for a kick-off planning meeting. The Silent Auction is our biggest fundraiser of the year. It’s 100% volunteer run and just about everything is donated. This help us keep more money in the Fine Arts Fund for our students and staff. Please sign up – many hands make light work!
- We are looking for volunteers to help with:
- Donations (asking for as well as picking up)
- Planning Committees: Decorations, Bar, Baskets, Check-in, Donations, Summer Camps, Food, Games, Outreach, Registration, Teacher Times.
- Setting up, working the event or cleaning up.
- Sign up here: https://tinyurl.com/SilentAuctionVolunteers2019
- Tuesday, January 22 at 7:00PM – The proposed building addition project will be presented to the Center City Residents Association at Brandywine BEX, 2 Commerce Square, 2005 Market Street. If you work or live close by, please represent the school and show support for the much needed project!
- Tuesday, 2/5, 6-7pm – High School Information Night – This night is designed especially for 7th grade families, but any ICS family is welcome to attend. RSVP to Counselor Anne.
- Wednesday, February 6 at 2:00PM – The building addition project will be presented to Zoning Board of Adjustment for review at 1515 Arch Street on the 18th floor. If you work or live close by, please go represent the school and show support for the project!
- Online Camp Auction – 2/11-2/18 – Part of the Silent Auction, we will have many great camps up for auction. Start your summer planning now!
- Saturday 3/9, 7pm – the Fabulous Guatemalan Dinner. More details to come.
- Spring Meeting – Wednesday, 3/20, 5:30pm – This will be our annual meeting and Silent Auction Planning meeting. All hands on deck! Pizza and childcare provided. RSVP to email@example.com
- Report Card Conference – Friday, 3/22 – Childcare and Teachers are Souper. Sign up here: https://tinyurl.com/SouperTeachersMarch2019
- Saturday, April 6th – SILENT AUCTION! The biggest fundraiser of the year.
- Mexican Dinner – Friday, 5/3 – Back for another fun night of delicious food, culture and entertainment
Join the PTA!
- Joining the PTA is a great way to help bolster our school community. A strong membership can do great things. While we are always in need of volunteers, your membership in and of itself shows your support!
- Members benefits: speaking and voting privileges at meetings, a chance to win the meeting member raffle, members-only email, access to minutes after every PTA meeting + all of the benefits from the national and state level PTA organizations.
- Sign up online here: https://independencecharter.org/pta/
ICS PTA President