Hi ICS families,
Tomorrow is January’s Dollar Dress Down Day. Funds raised will support the 5th grade.
In case you missed it:
Reminder: Students may not sell items at school. This includes girl scout cookies and other fundraising items.
ICS PTA is looking to fill the position of the Treasurer!
The function of the treasurer is to keep on top of the books, submit dues to the state PTA organization, cut checks for field trips, keep Officers up to date on the balance of the accounts and have the accounts in order for the annual audit by a committee. Someone with bookkeeping or accounting skills helpful.
● Maintain a full account of the funds.
● Submit dues to the PA State PTA.
● Make disbursements as authorized by the executive board.
● Present an annual report of the financial condition of this association to the membership.
● Have the accounts examined annually by an auditor or an auditing committee.
Please email email@example.com if interested or with any questions.
The 6th grade Spoken Word Workshop elective had a special visit from Jaylene Clark Owens. She is a nationally touring poet, actress and was the recipient of the prestigious F Otto Haas Award for Emerging Theater Artist at the 2019 Barrymore Awards in Philadelphia.
Griffins Basketball Season is here!
If you would like to attend any games to cheer on our Griffins, you can find the current schedule of games and their locations below
|February 5||Discovery Girls 4:15/Boys 5:15|
|February 10||West Oak Lane Girls 4:15/Boys 5:15|
|February 13||Wissahickon Girls 4:15/Boys 5:15|
|February 24||KIPP Girls 4:15/Boys 5:15|
|February 26||Vare 4:30/Boys Only|
|March 2||Belmont 4:30/Girls Only|
|March 4||Daroff Girls 4:15/Boys 5:15|
Dollar Dress Down Day
Friday, January 31
Community Coffee Hour – Healthy Technology Habits
Friday, January 31, 8:30am
RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
4th Grade Trip – LaSalle
2nd Grade Trip – Kimmel Center
Tuesday, February 4
A Year with Frog and Toad – Plays and Players
Thursday & Friday, February 6 – 7, 7:00 pm
A Year with Frog and Toad on Feb 6th and 7th.
- All ICS students will see the show during the school day.
- A limited number of tickets will be available for the 1:30 pm show on either day
- Contact the front office if you are interested in seeing the show at 1:30 pm
- Tickets for evening performances at 7:00 pm are offered to families of cast and crew and will be opened to the ICS community if any seats remain available.
During this competition, the students created a city model out of trash, a full virtual city, along with a city essay and presentation.
Our 7th grade travelers have started their meetings to build relationships with their travel family as they prepare for these life-changing trips!
Please share our online giving campaign with your friends and family: https://independencecharter.kindful.com/?campaign=1051301
Cupcake Competition: Interested in participating in a friendly battle using cupcakes and homemade icing? Saturday, February 15th, 12 pm – 3 pm.
Open to ages 8-14.Check out this incredible event!
At the Convention Center this past Saturday, our 8th graders, Matthew, Anisa, Ian, Eloise, Jed and Kai spoke on behalf of young adults about 3 books they read within the past two weeks. They eloquently shared why they did or did not like a book in front of a group of authors and spectators.Tr. Kemi said “It was beautiful to see them explain their thoughts and incorporate their views as global citizens!”
- DONATIONS – Invite your favorite restaurants, camps or retailers to donate. It’s easy! Click here and see attached letter to give to businesses!
- DONATIONS – You can donate too! Share your resources–vacation property (donate a week’s stay), specialty goods (jewelry, electronics), art, or services (donate dental services, music lessons or cooking lessons).
The Phillies will celebrate educators in the region who are making a difference on May 1, 2020, during the 20th annual Teacher Appreciation Night powered by Constellation . Each year, the Phillies select 10 area teachers, nominated by current and former students, parents and peers, to honor as All-Star Teachers. Submissions will be accepted beginning on January 6, 2020. Nominate Here!
MVP360 Youth Soccer 2020– Lighthouse “Fair-Play” Soccer Program! Fair Play will run soccer sessions on Saturdays, and Tuesdays, Thursdays evenings. After school during weekday sessions and mornings on Saturdays MVP360 will continue to run on Saturdays ONLY. Dates: March 28 to June 16. Cost: $45.00 per child Groups: *Fair Play: Boys and Girls Ages 8-14 *MVP360: Boys and Girls Ages 4-7. Deadline: March 7th, 2020, Register Here.
Tenth Presbyterian Church– Affordable beginning/intermediate violin, viola and cello classes are being offered to all interested 7 to 17 year-old students.