We hope this message finds you and your loved ones well. During this time, we have all experienced a unique set of challenges and opportunities to think and do differently. As we enter into week two of social distancing it’s easy to focus on all the ways our lives have been interrupted –but I want to challenge us all in thinking about the bright spots during this time.
Maybe you’ve called a friend or family member that you haven’t spoken to in a long time, maybe you’ve taken that walk that always seems to get put off, or maybe you had a family game night or dance party—how rare a treat these things can be!
The guidance provided by federal and state authorities continues to evolve. Please know that the team has been working tirelessly to ensure that our community has the most up to date information and resources to meet both personal and academic needs. Below please find a list of updates to help you navigate the days ahead:
- Packets of optional activities have already been sent home for these first two weeks. Please continue to monitor your email for additional activities from your child’s teachers
- K-12 Learning Packets, courtesy of the School District of Philadelphia can be found here
- IEP meetings previously scheduled are happening virtually; please connect with your child’s teacher if you have questions
- School Counselors are available to all families, and are able to connect you with resources as needed
- Grab & Go Meal Sites can be found here
- PSSAs have been canceled for the 2019-2020 school year
- Taking the Tech Survey helps up determine the best possible options for distance learning. Take survey now.
We continue to receive updates from the U.S. and Pennsylvania Departments of Education, the City of Philadelphia and the School District of Philadelphia. The team will be participating in virtual briefings from those entities and we will adjust our plans as needed and ensure that those updates are shared accordingly.
CEO Tanya & Principal Kristen