Hi ICS families,
Fall dates to mark on your calendar:
– Virtual Back to School Night- Session 1: Thursday, September 2 from 5:30pm-6:30pm
– Virtual Back to School Night- Session 2 Thursday, September 2 from 6:45pm-7:45pm
Please note: Each teacher will be presenting their information twice and sessions will be recorded. All families received a zoom link from their children’s teacher via email this week.
–School closed in observance of Labor Day: Monday and Tuesday, September 6-7
– First day of school for 1st-8th grades: Wednesday, September 8 (note: this is an early dismissal Wednesday time of 1:05)
– First day for kindergarten students with last names A-K only: Thursday, September 9 (arrival time of 8:50 on 1st day only)
– First day for kindergarten students with last names L-Z only: Friday, September 10 (arrival time of 8:50 on 1st day only)
– First day for all kindergarten students together: Monday, September 13 (regular arrival time of 7:30-8:00)
New School Day Hours:
- Student Arrival Time (NON-school bus students): 7:30 – 8:00
- Instructional Start Time: 8:00 (students marked late beginning at 8:00)
- Student Dismissal Time for 1st-6th grade and Kindergartners with siblings in 1st-8th grade at ICS: 3:05
- Student Dismissal Time for Kindergartners without siblings in 1st-8th grade at ICS: 2:45
- Student Dismissal Time for 7th and 8th Grade: 3:25
ICS’ School Day Schedule for Wednesdays (including the 1st day of school):
- Student Arrival Time will remain the same as the other days of the week.
- Student Dismissal Time for 1st-6th grade and Kindergartners with siblings in 1st-8th grade at ICS: 1:05
- Student Dismissal Time for Kindergartners without siblings in 1st-8th grade at ICS: 12:45
- Student Dismissal Time for 7th & 8th Grade: 1:20
We recommend that all students arrive to school by 7:50 every day. Students are marked late if they do not arrive to school before 8:00. The only exceptions are for students whose school buses arrive late (not Septa).
Parent Notification Letters (PNL) from the School District of Philadelphia with student’s school bus assignments should arrive in the mail the week of August 29th. If you have not received your letter by September 3rd you may call 215-400-4350 to get the information. If you have questions or concerns after receiving your letter you can email email@example.com
If you are sending your child to an independent after school program please email firstname.lastname@example.org by September 6th.
Address changes: If your family moves, you must submit a change of address form and proof of the new address in order to receive ICS mail at your new address and to receive bus service. Contact Tr. Natalie N. for assistance.
Meal Program: ICS will be participating in the Seamless Summer Option (SSO) in the 2021-2022 school year. This program is available to schools and districts as part of the waivers issued by USDA on April 20, 2021.
All ICS students can receive free breakfast and lunch every day. Students are also welcome to bring their own lunch.
There is no application required under the waiver. However, it could still be beneficial to your family to complete a meal benefit application in case the waiver changes and/or if your family wants to apply for P-EBT card benefits through DHS.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact Maestra Neyza at email@example.com or 215-238-8000 ext 2228
In case you missed it:
Chromebooks: Returning students will keep the Chromebooks that were assigned to them last year at home. Starting in October, students will bring in these Chromebooks for updates, repairs, and/or exchanges. Chromebooks will be returned to the students for continued use at home.
In September, kindergarteners and new students will be provided with a Chromebook to be used at home.
August Community Meeting:
- Welcome Letter
- After School Programs
- PTA Welcome – en español
- CHIP Health Insurance for Kids – en español
- The Dentist is Coming to School – en español
Grade Level Resources:
Middle school uniforms: We know that families are experiencing very long delays with logo shirt orders. If you are waiting on uniform orders, just do what you can in the meantime to send your child in clothing that approximates the ICS dress code. We understand, and we will try to match students to gently-used uniform items as needed during the first few weeks of school!
Teacher assignments are now visible in the Alma parent and student portal. You can view your children’s classroom or advisory teachers. Contact Tr. Natalie N. for assistance with your Alma account.