We are so excited to welcome your (1st-8th grade) students to school tomorrow! (And we’ll be just as thrilled to welcome our new kindergarten students later this week!)
If you are dropping off your child’s school supplies tomorrow, please make sure all bags are labeled very clearly with child’s full name and grade/teacher/room number.
Below are some of the most frequently used procedures for you to review. We know it takes time to learn how it all works, so please save this email and refer back to it whenever needed!
Remember that tomorrow is our first Early Dismissal Wednesday, so please be sure to follow the early Wednesday dismissal times below.
All families will receive a text or email alert the night before each school day (around 7:00pm). Please complete the 1 minute screening by 6:30am the following morning. The screening can be completed at night. If something changes in the morning or if your child is denied entry, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and/or the nurse at email@example.com.
- Student Arrival Time (NON-school bus students): 7:30 – 8:00. Instructional Start Time begins at 8:00. Students are marked late after 8:00.
- The Lombard 2 doors will open at 7:30. Students are NEVER to be left unattended at the doors. There is NO adult supervision before 7:30.
- Excusing absences: When your child will be absent due to illness or other unavoidable circumstance, always send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that the absence can be excused. If your child will arrive late from a morning doctor’s appointment, remember to bring a note from the doctor’s office. Under PA law, a child is considered truant if they have 3 or more unexcused absences in one school year.
- Early dismissals: If you need to schedule an early dismissal for your child due to an unavoidable medical appointment, always email your request to email@example.com in the morning that day. We cannot schedule early dismissals after 2:40pm and on Wednesdays after 12:30pm. Early dismissals should be very rare (i.e. no more than 1-2 times per school year), as they are disruptive to your child’s learning and the learning of their classmates.
- For more information about attendance policies, always direct all attendance questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ICS will be participating in the Seamless Summer Option (SSO) in the 2021-2022 school year. This program is available to schools and districts as part of the waivers issued by USDA on April 20, 2021
- All ICS students can receive free breakfast and lunch every day. Students are also welcome to bring their own lunch.
- There is no application required under the waiver. However, it could still be beneficial to your family to complete a meal benefit application in case the waiver changes and/or if your family wants to apply for P-EBT card benefits through DHS.
- During the month of September, ICS will be providing two lunch options to all our students, hot lunch and vegetarian options. ICS does not serve pork / nuts products. All sandwiches are made with sunflower butter and jelly.
- For more information about meal programs, visit our Cafeteria page. Always direct all meal program questions or concerns to Neyza Cabrera at email@example.com.
- Your child must always follow their dismissal plan. If you must change the dismissal plan at any time:
- First, tell your child to follow their teachers instructions and go to their usual dismissal area.
- If they normally take a school bus, you need to pick them up before they get on the bus, you will arrive by 3:00 (by 1:00 on Wednesdays) to sign them out of their bus line. A staff person is on the ramp at 16th and Lombard to assist in this.
- If they normally go to an outside aftercare program and you need to pick them up from school, you will sign them out of aftercare at the gate on Naudain St. closest to 17th st. Look for the PINK sign.
- We cannot make day-to-day changes to your child’s dismissal plan. In the rare event of a true emergency, please call the front office, and we will attempt to assist you how we can.
- Never, ever drive down, stop, or park on Naudain St. during arrival or dismissal – for walker pick-up or drivers circling the block. Please respect the safety of our students who dismiss onto Naudain St., and please respect our neighbors.
Dismissal times: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays:
- Student Dismissal Time for 1st-6th grade and Kindergartners with siblings in 1st-8th grade at ICS: 3:05
- Student Dismissal Time for Kindergartners without siblings in 1st-8th grade at ICS: 2:45
- Student Dismissal Time for 7th and 8th Grade: 3:25
Dismissal times: Wednesdays (including the 1st day of school):
- Student Dismissal Time for 1st-6th grade and Kindergartners with siblings in 1st-8th grade at ICS: 1:05
- Student Dismissal Time for Kindergartners without siblings in 1st-8th grade at ICS: 12:45
- Student Dismissal Time for 7th & 8th Grade: 1:20