Hi ICS families,
The lottery application for new students for the 2022-2023 school year is available on our website through January 24, 2022.
If you have a student who qualifies for sibling preference (siblings must share a legal parent/guardian and share a household, and one sibling must be attending ICS at time of lottery drawing), you must apply using the lottery application, and you must apply by the January 24 deadline. Click here to access Apply Philly Charter!
During the month of September, we allowed a grace period of not marking students late for families to get used to the 8:00 start time. This month, we began marking students late when they arrive after 8:00.
We strongly recommend that you support your child in arriving at school no later than 7:55 every morning (no later than 7:40 if your child needs to eat breakfast). Late arrivals are disruptive both to your child’s routine and to the routines of their classroom.
For more information about attendance policies, always direct all attendance questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
National School Lunch Week is the week of October 12th-15th! All ICS students will have a chance to win prizes and participate in other fun activities!
Reminder: All ICS students can receive free breakfast and lunch every day. Students are also welcome to bring their own lunch.
Monday, October 11th
October Board Meeting
Wednesday, October 13th 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Please visit the Board of Trustees at 5:30pm on the day of the meeting to access log-in information.
PTA Fall Fest
Saturday, October 16th 11:00am – 2:00pm
ICS Unity Day
Wednesday, October 20th
Please have your students wear something orange in support of this special day!
ICS Picture Day
Thursday, October 28th
Send any questions to email@example.com
COVID-19 Dashboard 2021-2022
Announcements regarding quarantining will only be sent to impacted families moving forward. However, you may visit ICS’sCOVID-19 Dashboard at any time to view the current COVID-19 case count. Please click here for the current COVID-19 testing and exposure protocols
All families have been receiving a text or email alert the night before each school day (around 7:00pm). Please complete the 1 minute screening by 6:30am the following morning. The screening can be completed at night. If something changes in the morning or if your child is denied entry, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and/or the nurse at email@example.com.
In case you missed it:
- Information on at-home Chromebooks for this school year
- TikTok Challenge Letter from Dean Naki
- You can add the ICS Google calendar to your own calendar view using the plus sign in the bottom right corner
Address changes: If your family moves, you must submit a change of address form and proof of the new address in order to receive ICS mail at your new address and to receive bus service. Contact Tr. Natalie N. for assistance.
ICS’ School Day Schedule for Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays:
- Student Arrival Time (NON-school bus students): 7:30 – 8:00
- Instructional Start Time: 8:00 (students marked late beginning at 8:00)
- Student Dismissal Time for 1st-6th grade and Kindergartners with siblings in 1st-8th grade at ICS: 3:05
- Student Dismissal Time for Kindergartners without siblings in 1st-8th grade at ICS: 2:45
- Student Dismissal Time for 7th and 8th Grade: 3:25
ICS’ School Day Schedule for Wednesdays (including the 1st day of school):
- Student Arrival Time will remain the same as the other days of the week.
- Student Dismissal Time for 1st-6th grade and Kindergartners with siblings in 1st-8th grade at ICS: 1:05
- Student Dismissal Time for Kindergartners without siblings in 1st-8th grade at ICS: 12:45
- Student Dismissal Time for 7th & 8th Grade: 1:20