I am reaching out to remind you of ICS’ procedures for daily drop-off and pick-up. ICS is located on a busy thoroughfare, the procedures outlined below have been put in place to ensure the safety of your child(ren) and our staff. Please make sure that you do the following:
- Arrive in your designated drop-off/pick-up window. Arriving earlier than your designated time hinders families of students dismissed first from clearing the pick-up lane and creates a backlog of vehicles.
- Enter the car lane at the corner of 16th and Lombard Street. Please do not pull out of line or drive around another car during drop-off or pick-up.
- Circle the block if you are unable to enter the car line upon arrival.
- Forgo double parking. Doing so puts your child in danger of being run over and slows the carline.
- Refrain from parking on the sidewalk of Lombard Street. Doing so blocks the driving lane, restricts walking traffic, and impedes our neighbors from safely entering and exiting their homes.
- Pull as far forward as you can, when the line has stopped, your child(ren) may exit or enter the vehicle.
- Refrain from having your child(ren) enter/exit the vehicle on the street side. Many drivers disregard the school zone signs and speed through. Additionally, ICS is on several SEPTA routes.
- To expedite drop-off, please make sure your child(ren) has gathered their belongings and are ready to exit the vehicle once the line has stopped.
- Stay in your vehicle, a staff member will escort your child to you. Getting out of the vehicle and walking away slows the car line and creates a backlog of vehicles.
- Make sure your pick-up plaque is visible. If you need another please request one at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Avoid parking and walking for pickup. If for some reason you must, please wait for your child(ren) in the designated space adjacent to the Lombard 2 entrance. The sidewalk needs to remain as clear as possible so that students and staff can navigate readily.
- Refrain from verbally mistreating staff. There are many moving parts and vehicle
We understand the desire to drop-off and pick-up quickly and the protocols described above have proven to be effective when followed. When they are not it slows everyone down and more importantly puts everyone in danger unnecessarily.
We hope that you will continue to support our efforts in keeping all students, staff, and families safe. Please share this information with your alternate drivers.