Please check back regularly for updates.
FOR THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF OUR COMMUNITY, INDEPENDENCE CHARTER SCHOOL WILL REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
ICS ADMINISTRATION WILL REMAIN IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH FAMILIES WITH FURTHER INFORMATION AS IT DEVELOPS.
ICS’ Continuity of Education (CEP) plan ensures that all students have the opportunity to maintain and develop skills during the prolonged school closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The CEP will be implemented using a combination of planned instruction and enrichment and review.
Pandemic EBT Emergency Funds:
Effective 06/05/2020, the following online P-EBT Inquiry Form is available for any parent/guardian that believes they should have already received P-EBT benefits.
- P-EBT benefit issuance for current SNAP and TANF EBT cardholders will be complete by June 8, 2020, if their school-aged child was receiving free or reduced-price meals before May 20, 2020. Current SNAP and TANF EBT Cardholders can check their card balance by calling 1-888-328-7366 or using www.connectebt.com.
- Free and reduced eligible school-aged students that are not SNAP/TANF or those receiving SNAP or TANF that became eligible for free or reduced-price meals after May 20, 2020, while P-EBT cards are being mailed and should be received by the end of June 2020.
All others, cards are in the process of being issued and mailed, but due to the very large volume, the timeline is slightly delayed. Households should receive their cards by the end of July.
If you have received benefits via EBT while school was in session for the 2019-2020 school year, you do not need to reapply for this benefit, your eligibility remains in place through June 2020.
However, if you have not received benefits via EBT while school was in session for the 2019-2020 school year and you believe you may now be eligible, and you need to confirm your benefit status, contact Maestra Neyza at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for meal-benefits (free/
1) To create an account, at the bottom of the screen choose:
District: Independence CS
Click: “Go to my District”
2) On the “Welcome to Independence CS” screen choose: Create an account – I am a parent! Then fill in the information required from the parent (first, last, email and phone number). If you prefer, you can “Continue with Google” for faster login.
or go to COMPASS:
Benefits are being issued through the end of June. If you haven’t received the benefit by the end of June, please notify the Department of Human Services (DHS) online by visiting:
DHS will also be mailing information to P–EBT eligible households directly. For more information please visit:
Si usted ha recibido beneficios vía EBT mientras la escuela estaba abierta en sesión durante el año escolar 2019-20 usted NO necesita volver a aplicar para este beneficio, su elegibilidad continua siendo la misma hasta Junio 2020.
Pero, si usted no ha recibido beneficios vía EBT mientras estaba la escuela en sesión durante el año escolar 2019-20 y usted cree que ahora usted es elegible, comuniquese con Maestra Neyza a: email@example.com si necesita asistencia para llenar una solicitud; también puede hacerlo en línea, a través de las siguientes páginas de internet:
Para aplicar para beneficio de comidas (gratis o a precio reducido use:
1) Para crear una cuenta, al final de la pantalla escoja:
District: Independence CS
Click “Go to my District”
2) En la pantalla que dice: “Welcome to Independence CS” Create an account – I am a parent! Llene la informacion solicitada del padre o madre: (primer nombre, apellido, correo electronico y numero de telefono). Si usted prefiere, usted puede continuar con Google” para ingresar mas rapidamente.
o tambien puede ir a la pagina de internet de COMPASS:
Los beneficios serán procesados al final de Junio. Si usted no ha recibido el beneficio a finales de Junio, por favor notificarlo al departamento de Servicios Humanos (DHS) en línea:
DHS también estará enviando información vía correo a las familias que son elegibles para P-EBT. Para más información, visite la página:
Your child has a Clever portal that provides access to a variety of online resources. For most of the online resources, Clever will automatically log your child into the online service. For a few, there is an extra step, such as keying in a password.
Clever and Alma Login Instructions
BrainPOP is one of the most popular online services among students. Clever automatically logs students into BrainPOP:
- BrainPOP for grades 3 to 8
- BrainPOP Jr for grades K to 3
- BrainPOP Español for grades K to 8
- BrainPOP ELL for English language learners
Kids A-Z (or RazKids A-Z):
Kids A-Z is a resource to work on reading comprehension in both English or Spanish. Students in grades K to 4 have access to Kids A-Z. Also students working with T. Kaitlyn, Carolyn, and Tiia may have Kids A-Z accounts. Clever will take your child to the teacher’s page. Upon clicking their name, your child will need to key in a password.
ICS has been using IXL as a primary online resource for mathematics for several years. IXL Math is available to students in grades K to 8. IXL ELA and Science is available to students in grades 3 to 8. The Clever portal takes the student to the IXl sign-in page for Independence Charter School. Your child only needs to click on “Sign in with Google” to log into IXL. If prompted, your child needs to supply their school G Suite (email) account.
TumbleBook Library is another online reading resource for students in grades K to 3. Clever automatically logs your child into a library of ebooks.
Summer Slide Solutions with Science Explorers! Science Explorers Virtual Summer Programs are all-inclusive (yes, even supplies!), instructor-led, hands-on STEAM programs, which allow your students to explore with other future scientists. Two options are available:
- Science Explorers Virtual STEAM Camps- 2.5 hours each day of Science Explorers FUN, which includes LIVE instruction and peer collaboration all while doing hands-on learning (5 consecutive days, Monday-Friday, AM or PM)
- DIY Summer Explorers Kits –5 OR 10 (you pick!) awesome 45-60 minute STEAM lessons and experiments, with pre-recorded step-by-step instructions from our engaging instructors, for children to complete as they wish! Perfect for those times when parents need something fun and educational for their child to do.
Allens Lane Summer Art has created an 8 week virtual summer art camp for kids (ages 5 – 13).To learn about the details of our virtual summer art camp, click here. Should you have any questions about our virtual summer art camp, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Reading at the Philadelphia City Institute Library: Feeling at a loss for learning this summer? Looking for fun ways to expand your mind and keep your summer fresh and engaging — even indoors? The Free Library has a new virtual Summer of Wonder experience for you!
MVP Teen Academy– Check out a global online Video Making Class for teens (11 – 18) starting June 9, 2020. It is a Great 4 week program!
I Can, I Have, I Will Virtual Summer Camp with the Free African Society for students in grades K-12. Click here to enroll by Monday, June 15th. You can also email Info@FreeAfricanSociety.org for more information!